Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Quilt 2012: Blocks 1 & 2

With just a month left before Christmas, I decided that I need to make us a new Christmas quilt. There was a quilt-along that I have really wanted to do in July, but the fabric I wanted to use wasn't out until sometime in August, so lo and behold I missed the quilt-along. But now all the blocks have been posed and I can just make all of them at my own pace. Here is a link to the block-thon. All the block tutorials can be found on the Free Spirit Fabrics blog.

The fabric I am using is Deb Strain's Share the Joy Chrismas line.


I like that fabric line, because there are a lot of smaller prints. I prefer that for the smaller blocks. Some blocks in this block-thon are only 6x6 finished!

So without further ado I present to you blocks 1 & 2: Block 1's tutorial can be found here. The unfinished size is 18.5 x 10.5:


The second block's tutorial can be found here. This one was quite big, unfinished size being 18.5 x 18.5. I used up the panel on this block. I love how it turned out!


I am quite enjoying this quilt-along! So far all of them have been pretty easy. I also love how they are all different sizes! Thy are also all very Christmas-y, either presents, or tinsel, or Christmas trees! I will be posting more blocks tomorrow.

Also be on the lookout for a bunch of my finished quilts! I finished them a while ago, I just need to take pictures. It is quite hard to take pictures of quilts inside an apartment, because the lighting is never quite right and there isn't enough space!


No comments:

Post a Comment