Monday, July 25, 2011

Pinwheel Sampler: Baby's Quilt #2

My little girl is going to get another quilt, this one very girly :) I am going to make it out of the Meadow Friends by Deb Stain for Moda line. The tutorials are all from the PS I Quilt blog. I am making this quilt as a part of a quilting class I am taking. I thought it was about time to learn to do triangles... So without any further ado, here are the first 4 squares I made:

"Enormous Pinwheel" from this tutorial

This is "Framed Pinwheel" from this tutorial. I modified it slightly, since I am making 8" finished instead of 12" finished blocks.

"Windmill Pinwheel" from this tutorial.

"Simple Pinwheel" from this tutorial. I loved making this one, although I have to say, nothing simple about it!

Here is all four of them together:

I like the way it is turning out. I am making it small, so that it actually is usable for the baby. I am going to make it 3x3 or 3x4 blocks, depends on how many pinwheels i feel like making :) The scraps I have left are all so pretty, I need to come up with another project to use them all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment