A little story behind this: I, a former math-major, turned engineer, cannot count. I had originally planned this quilt out to be 4x6 blocks, each block 13"x13" finished. So even without sashing, that would have been 52" x 78", and I wanted to add a border and sashing. So I had cut out components for those blocks:
Then at one point, while trying to figure out the backing, I finally figured out it would have been humongous! So I decided to half the number of blocks, to make it 3x4 blocks. I spent a long time trying to figure out what color to make the sashing. I am quite happy I picked red. So finally the top was put together:
For quilting, I outlined all the blocks, within about 1/3" away from the seam. Then I did straight line quilting about 1/3" from the animal panel units. Finally, the other thing I did (due to the major time crunch), is adjust the binding with my machine on both sides, and I am quite happy with how it turned out.
So without further ado, here are some pictures:
This is the whole done quilt.
Here is the backing. It is pieced from various fabrics from the collection.
Draped over our couch, gives you an idea of how big it is.
Here is the close-up of the border and binding.
I really like this block design for showcasing fabrics from a panel. This worked well for the quilt, because the corners remind you of bear paws.
And the sashing really brings out the "bear paws".
And of course here are some pictures with my favorite models :)